Friday, May 22, 2009

a guaranteed cry

A few weeks after I got out of the hospital, I finally ventured and read the older Carepage entries, that Wendy had posted while I was asleep. This was very difficult for me and I found myself crying after the first entry. In many ways it is good, though, it reminds of what I went through, of what the people around me went through, of all the support people gave when I couldn't even respond. Through time, though, I expected that reading these would not affect me quite so strongly. This has not been the case, however. Even now, almost 10 months since this saga began, 8 months since my transplant, reading the entries and reading what people wrote, thinking about what everyone went through, makes me cry. I really need to pick and chose when I decided to do this.

1 comment:

Chris B. said...

I am just seeing your blog now. When I had my transplant, my mom kept a running diary for the three months I was in hospital. I have yet had the courage to read it, but I think I will now.

Thank you for sharing that. It has helped.