Thursday, July 30, 2009

One Year

Hello everyone. One year ago today I had a heart attack. That evening, I was riding up the Chumash Trail to Rocky Peak in Simi Valley. I was struggling and I didn't realize it the time, but I was already have the heart attack that would change my life forever. I died that night, but I came back, after the fight of and for my life.

So tonight, I will head back to the Chumash Trail to Rocky Peak, and attempt to ride the trail again. It is not a terribly long trail (5 miles round trip) or difficult, but it will be a challenge for me, just as it was a year ago.

This is the first of several important anniversaries for. I will celebrate the date of my transplant for the rest of my life. However, with this bike ride, I hope to put this date behind me, and never "celebrate" it again.

The last year was truly the best and worst of my life. But I'm happy to have it, and even happier to be starting another. Thanks all who been there for me during the darkest and brightest days.

No comments: